Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Week 4 Entry 4: response to Mohamed

Week4 - Blog # 2 - PC vs Mac

I have been a PC user for the past fourteen years, and I am still using PCs in my work. However, I started using Macs after registering with Full Sail University last year. There is no win-win in this argument. It is a matter of opinion, preferences, and maybe, it is just what you have to use as part of your business environment. I still use both Mac & PC, though here are some of the facts, Mac is safer, as fewer attacks targeting it Mac OS X comparing to Windows. Design wise, I think Macs are more appealing and have a futuristic look and feel. Operating system wise, you can install Windows on Mac, but you cannot install Mac OS X on Windows.
I also think that the default programs (iWeb, iPhoto, Garage Band, etc) that come with Macs are better and useful compared to the ones that comes on the PCs.

 Response:

I used Macs in college and I loved them enough to purchase an iMac with my first teacher paycheck. While I have apple products at home, at work we use PC’s, and while I love listening to my itunes while I design at home, and for some reason I don’t like admitting this, but I still feel more efficient designing on a PC. I feel as though I can work much faster on a PC to design, then taking my files home and finishing them up on a mac. Usually this would allow me to use the mac programs for final edits, or DVD menu creations, which through iDVD is way easier for me. Good post Mohamed, always a good debate with Mac v PC. 

No comments:

Post a Comment