Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Week 4 Entry 2:reading: : Telling the WE Story:

I have been teaching for 4 years now, and I can remember when I first felt that I made a difference in a student’s life. My first year was rough, my second was a little better, my third year I was able to start an advanced class, which had me motivated to progress my standards and classroom procedures. Now thinking back, I remember the first time a student asked me for help on selecting which design school to attend. Assisting him through the portfolio process landed him in his first choice art school. Since then, I have had more and more students express a true passion for design and a desire to continue their education. Next year I will have a third level course that will focus on portfolio development, the TSA desktop publishing contest and becoming Adobe Certified.

 

It is difficult to make my students see their own potential, but it is still extremely important to me to try and at least make them think about it. This book has offered some very interesting incite to the ideas of possibility and positivity. I have told other teachers about it as well as my department head so we may hold a book study on it. I think it will be a great way to get the morale and creativity flowing in our department. 

1 comment:

  1. That's our calling, to bring out the realization of our students' potential.

    ReplyDelete