Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Week 1 - Entry 1: 10 Months down

The accelerated 12 month journey through Full Sail is now at the start of month 11. Unbelievable! While the stress level has remained constant, and my delicate handling of my MBP has faded, the butterflies of the start of a new month still live on. With the final touches going into the thesis, the development of the media project and the building of nerves of the presentation, this seems like a month that will test my work ethic and time management. I welcome the challenge with an open mind and a smile on my face, as I have learned over the past 10 months that things will work out. 

With the beginning of MAC in March, I also enter the Technology Student Association contest season, the Texas Youth Ultimate Frisbee State championships, and Flatstock Poster Conference at SXSW. The common theme through all of these activities is the importance on team support as the base structure. TSA is a group of 30 students who compete in various technology events such as desktop publishing, film, engineering, architecture, etc. Ultimate Frisbee is a sport played across the nation at the youth level and beyond. Flatstock is a screen printing poster convention held in conjunction with the South by South West music, film and interactive festival.

Overwhelmed? Absolutely. Scared? Absolutely. But am I going to stop because of these things? Absolutely not.  As Mr. Bustillos said in the initial Wimba, we did not get here through inertia, onward my friends!

 

South Garland High School Ultimate
2009-2010


2 comments:

  1. Great post Jose!

    March is probably one of the busiest months for me as an educator, not only do I have report cards coming up, our school is undergoing our accreditation and of course I have a final thesis and media project to get working on. However, I agree with you 100%, we did not make it this far only to fail or to not graduate in May. We will do this with the support of our family, friends and of course our classmates, who have been with us since day one.

    I'm looking forward to that day less than two months from now, when we say "Congratulations, we did it!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. onward and upward, my friend.

    ReplyDelete